Mandates of KVK
Technology assessment, refinement, demonstration and capacity building
1. To conduct On-Farm Testing to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
2. To organise Front Line Demonstrations to establish its production potentials on the farmers’ fields.
3. To organise Training of farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies and training of extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development.
4. To work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district.
5. In order to create awareness about improved technology, a large number of extension activities will be taken up.
6. The seeds and planting materials produced by the KVKs will also be made available to the farmers.